Are you having election anxiety like I am? 2020 has been one of the worst years in so many peoples’ lives with Covid-19 flipping the world upside down for most Americans, human rights STILL being a major issue and now let’s throw an election on top of it… sounds like a mental health recipe for disaster.
Here are some distractions that might help you today, tomorrow and the next however long until we know who our next President may be.
- Seriously. Make sure you are registered and have VOTE. Not sure if you are registered? Check here.
- Take a break from social media.
- Avoid discussing politics with family and friends of different viewpoints.
- Watch your favorite movie… over and over.
- Start a new TV show.
- Take a long walk… with your horse, dog, or favorite furry friend.
- Have a dance party.
- Try some of your Pinterest recipes you have had pinned the last five years and never actually made.
- Spend hours scrolling through TikTok. Check out our TikTok page here!
- Take a nap.
- Organize your closet.
- Get an adult coloring book.
- Do yoga.
- Call your best friend.
- Snuggle with your pets.
- READ a book.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Groom your pet, if you have one.
- Play a board game (or drinking game if you are 21+…)
- Remember there is still so much to be done in our fight for equality and this is just a hurdle. Keep fighting for what you believe in.
To learn more about what you can except on Election Day click here.
All my love and positivity,
Forest, HofZ Founder